Sunday, June 20

Happy Father's Day to my wonderful husband, Chip!

One of the things that attracted me when we were dating was the way he interacts with little children. He obviously loves them and what's more, they love him back. While a lot of men ignore children completely, Chip makes a point to connect with them at church and even when we're out at restaurants among complete strangers. I'll turn around from giving our name to the hostess to find my hubby waving at a cute baby or puffing out his cheeks and widening his eyes to make a toddler laugh.

With his nieces and nephews it's even more intense. They squeal with delight and run right to him whenever we visit, and in just a manner of minutes, he's on the floor with a cadre of children crawling all over him. My heart is so warm and full every time I see it. I have so many images of him engaging in a serious conversation with his brother with a child attached to his back and another one or two wrapped around his legs.

And now, in just a matter of months, he's going to have a child of his own to lavish all that love and affection on.

No comments:

Post a Comment