Thursday, June 17

Chip woke me with a nuzzle and a new nickname.

“Good morning, Preggy Girl.”

I love being Preggy Girl! It’s the embodiment of all that is wonderful and good about being a mom-to-be. There’s such tenderness in Chip’s eyes as he speaks the words that caress my soul. I’m not sure I can ever go back to just being plain-old Ellie.

And that’s good, because I’m just starting to realize how much is going to change once this little person arrives. I nearly collided with a mother and young son coming out of the restroom today at lunch. I don’t know which of the two needed to “go potty” in the first place, but as I stood aside to let them pass, it occurred to me that I needed to savor something as seemingly insignificant as going to the bathroom by myself.

While I know in my head it’s a bit early, I keep looking for signs of my being “in the family way.” Sure, I understand it’s too soon to be showing yet, but I’ve not been sick (not that I desire it, mind you), I’ve not been tired, and I’ve not even been hungry. I have been unable to think, though, and am making some pretty glaring errors as I write my articles, even after double-checking my work. Thankfully, I’ve caught all my mistakes so far.

Pregnancy is such a common occurrence, as attested by the six billion-plus people on the planet, but it’s such an exciting one for me. I’m so thrilled to be a mom!

I cherish the sweetness Chip and I have felt toward each other since we found out. It’s as though this little person is drawing us even closer.

I like him/her already!

No comments:

Post a Comment