Saturday, December 25

Merry Christmas!

What a wonderful day with my family and Chip. We had a fabulous meal with my parents, aunt, uncle, and cousins at Granny G.’s house, where Chip and I opened several gifts for the baby. It was kind of funny, really, sort of a signaling of our exit from center stage to make way for a new and upcoming star. Not that either of us minded.

Then, wonder of wonders, shortly after Chip and I got back home, it began to snow. Really snow. Like it hasn’t in metro Atlanta on Christmas in over 100 years. It was so beautiful. I enjoyed looking out the window watching the big, fluffy flakes fall while the fire in the fireplace roared. Idyllic, I guess you could call it.

I am off all next week, as is Chip. We plan to sit around all day tomorrow in our jammies watching DVDs of our favorite shows and eating leftovers.

Life just doesn’t get much better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment