Wednesday, December 8

It's awesome, amusing, and amazing to get to know this little person even before she is born. She's busy, she becomes even more active after I down my juice in the afternoons, and she appears to have a distinct distaste for classic rock.

I found that out this evening soon after I climbed in the car to drive home from work. I was in the mood for something nostalgic and began pressing the preset buttons on the radio when I ran across a few notes of Van Halen's “Somebody Get Me a Doctor.”

All of the sudden I felt an enormous drawing back in my abdomen away from the front speakers and a tremendous shift of weight toward my spine. I laughed out loud and changed the station, and that crazy, wonderful sensation of an internal physical cringe coming from someone other than myself subsided in an instant.

Parents and their youngsters have been battling over taste differences in music for decades. I just had no idea it would start so early!

So she's not a Diamond Dave fan. I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment