Wednesday, August 25

Chip and I saw Dr. Simmons this morning. Although we didn’t see another ultrasound, we did get to hear the baby’s heartbeat.

He (or she) is a rascally little critter. Our nurse had the dickens of a time trying to locate the baby. When she finally did, it decided it didn’t want anyone listening in and moved, giving the nurse a fit of giggles as she chased it across my stomach.

“I hope you’re quick on your feet!” She looked at me pointedly. “You’ve got an active one in there.”

Rather than the typical “thump-thump” of an adult heart, the baby’s heartbeat was much more rapid (one-hundred sixty, which the nurse said is completely normal). About the best way I can describe it is as a siren on whisper mode.

I’ve gained a couple of pounds and Dr. Simmons says everything looks great. For our next appointment we get to have another ultrasound and, if the baby is in a cooperative mood, can find out whether it’s a boy or a girl. Chip and I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment