Friday, July 16

Just discovered a little gem of an article from the British Journal of Psychiatry released back in February claiming preggy brains is a myth.

I don't know what those researchers were smokin', but I'm living proof that they are dead wrong. And I have grave doubts about the women they studied as well.

Apparently an Australian National University team tracking the mental health of 7,500 random subjects from Oz came up with the finding. Now, I've read In a Sunburned Country so I know Australia is an unusual continent. Much of its interior is unexplored. Some of the world's deadliest snakes, spiders, and other creatures are native to Australia. Some of the oddest creatures in the world hail from Australia, like the majority of marsupials, the platypus, and Russell Crowe. So maybe its women are odd as well (once again, SO grateful this is a private blog and not being viewed by the world at large!).

Come to think of it, Nicole Kidman barely looked pregnant when she gave birth, and two weeks after the baby was born, you couldn't even tell the actress had ever been pregnant. Now that's certainly not normal.

I feel so much better. Apparently I have ample reason not to listen to the findings of a bunch of Aussies, about a bunch of Aussies, published in the medical journal of a kingdom that formerly ruled the Aussies.

Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment