Monday, October 11

I felt the baby move today!

I was sitting at my desk, about half an hour from deadline, when a persistent little “bloop” in my abdomen registered in my consciousness. When I realized it was the baby, I placed my hand on the stomach in an effort to connect. I wanted to make contact, to let her know Mommy was there.

What I really wanted to do was talk to to the baby, but since I was in the middle of the newsroom and have already attracted enough attention by my odd behavior, I quickly nixed the idea.

As I sat there silently reveling in this latest pregnancy milestone, I realized I’d felt that same “bloop” (kind of like a bubble popping) over the past several weeks but had chalked it up to gas or just another one of those weird pregnancy side-effects. It never occurred to me that such a momentous occasion would be experienced as a gradual dawning instead of a specific “aha!” moment.

I’m so excited! I wonder if it’s too early for Chip to feel it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment